Thursday, December 09, 2010

Meeting Planner for University of California, Irvine

"For the First Time, I Wasn't Disappointed In A 'Motivational' Speaker We've Had!"

What We Wanted:
Our department was looking for a speaker to address the unit on Influence Management, using humor! I had heard Tony at the CASE conference in San Diego and thought his style of mixing humor with real world experiences was perfect to meet our needs.

What We Got:
Tony brought everything we needed to the table and then some. He is a bright, energetic, g-rated humorist that added life back to our unit. Here's some of the other feedback I received from our staff:

"I just wanted to thank you for inviting Tony Brigmon in to talk to the Advancement team (and Tom for supporting this effort). Tony was engaging, funny, upbeat and inspiring -- quite a winning combination. Moreover, I really liked his message(s) and hope that I can practice at least some of what he preaches."

"A number of people have commented to me on just how much they enjoyed hearing Tony speak. Thanks again for the timely Tony tonic!"

"Tony Brigmon was just great. His upbeat attitude, the simplicity and repetitiveness of his points, the music (of course, if I had known I would have brought my instruments), and his pleasant demeanor made this a terrific day for everyone. I thought it was just wonderful."

"Training is sometimes about skill based things, and more often, should be about these simple attitude and relationship things. Wonderful choice. I am so glad you found him for us." - Vice Chancellor Moebus

"I just wanted to let you know how much we all enjoyed having Tony speak to us. I was telling Debbie that, for the first time, I wasn't disappointed in a 'motivational' speaker we've had. I mean we have had some excellent guest speakers in the past, but no one has seemed to be able to truly connect with all of the staff like Tony did. He really gave me allot to think about. I could go on and on, but I just wanted to say thanks."

Debbie Finster
University Advancement
University of California, Irvine
djfinste@uci.edu

No comments: